Members will find that BUFSA caters to everyone’s needs/wishes and is always willing to further expand its foothold on campus and within the greater Boston area. Whether you’re interested in dance, intramural sports, music, learning Tagalog, community service, etc., you’ll be sure to find your niche within the club.
Here are some specific examples of what we do:
- Family Dinner - Wednesdays at 6:30 P.M. in various locations TBA in the weekly newsletter
- Intramural Sports - Depending on the time of the year, we participate in various sports including volleyball, softball, basketball, and flag football.
- Kumanta - Interested in singing or playing instruments? Kumanta, BUFSA’s premier a cappella group, welcomes everyone and currently does not require auditions.
- Tagalog Lessons - Language is such an important part of our culture. These classes are open to all levels of proficiency.
- Dance Practice for Upcoming Shows (Traditional and Modern) - Learn dances from Tinikling to hip hop and everything in between during the weekends. Everyone’s invited! Practices are on weekends, 2-5 PM, in locations TBA.
- First General Meeting – Reconnect with old friends and make new ones at our first annual general meeting!
- Halo-Halloween – Dress up in your best costume and get ready to play games and eat some halo-halo!
- Dialogue – FIND event
- Kamayan – District One’s annual cultural show!
- Big/Little Reveal – Meet your new ate/kuya/ading!
- Thanksgiving Potluck – FILIPINO FOOD!
- Holiday Potluck - MORE FILIPINO FOOD!
- Mugarfest – Study with your favorite boofs as we camp out in Mugar Library 24/7 during finals week!
- Spring General Meeting – Welcome back from winter break! Catch up with BUFSA during our first meeting of the semester!
- Valentine’s Day General Meeting – Participate in our date auction and meet even more boofs!
- ISA: The World is One – BUFSA’s annual multicultural show!
- Conference – FIND event
- Retreat – Spend your day with BUFSA and compete in our annual retreat — may the best color win!
- Family Fun Day – Relax at the end of the semester with BBQ and fun in the sun!
- Senior Night – Honor our seniors at the last BUFSA event of the semester with lots of food and reminiscing!